Is it possible for me to save the old Vop Sop from h13 to h15?

2044   2   1
7 posts
I know how to create a digital asset (OTL) but is it possible for me to save the old Vop Sop from h13 to h15 so i get the option to choose old vop sop in h15 without saving the whole GEO NODE? as it so much easier to follow tutorials ?

I know new vop sop is great and all but for a newbie like me Houdini 15 is crushing me mentally O.o
74 posts

If you want to have access to the old VOP SOP, type this in the textport:

opunhide Sop vopsop

Accessing the old VOP SOP in this manner is retained within the session. If a HIP is saved with a VOP SOP it will also still be available via TAB but in new sessions it will remain hidden unless you type the command again in the Textport. Obsolete nodes are never deleted from the system altogether (to ensure backwards compatibility) but they are hidden in general use.

I think the problem here is that SideFX have never updated their in depth training series (put together during H12.5 to H13 releases) for the new way of doing things. It's not just the VOP SOP that's problematic here, the majority of training materials (both free and paid) still uses HScript and this is also considered a defunct way of working.
7 posts
Thank you soooo muuuuch Jonathan that helped so much,
One last question is it possible to Save a node like vop sop as a create digital asset ? like a OTL i mean, so I can grab it from my Digital assets without the GEOMETRY node ?
  • Quick Links