Explosions /dust effects

   5796   4   1
User Avatar
Member
3 posts
Joined:
Offline
Good morning/evening, either or…
I was wondering if anybody could help me.
I am new to Houdini and am trying to do dust effects and geometry driven particle explosions.
Im finding it hard to find specific related tutorials.
If anybody could give me advice in pointing me towards this direction it would be great and very appreciated!!

Thank you,
Dave
User Avatar
Member
141 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
Hi Dave,
You probably want to start with this tuturial on odforce about i3d:
http://www.odforce.net/tips/i3d_intro_page1.php [odforce.net]
/Rick
User Avatar
Member
3 posts
Joined:
Offline
Hey Rick,
Thank you!! I'll check out the tutorial tonight. Sorry i didnt get back sooner i was on holiday. Now its back to work.
User Avatar
Member
141 posts
Joined: July 2005
Offline
Another way (which I'm currently doing now) is to use the vex smoke shader in vops.

It works ok for subtle smoke/dust.

Cheers,

/Rick
/Rick
User Avatar
Member
3 posts
Joined:
Offline
vex smoke shader in vops you say…cool, i'll check it out!!

Thanks loads!!!!
  • Quick Links