Whitewater foam, bubble and spray import error

1895   1   1
1 posts
Hey guys this is my first post so sorry if I get few things wrong.

I recently started learning Houdini, I'm using 16. I rendered out a simulation for my foam and bubble from my whitewater_sim node, but when I create a new scene and try reading it in, I get an error on my file node saying that it is unable to read my file. I did another render for my fluidtank_fluid and when I read that in it works perfectly, so I'm not sure what is going on and if anyone could help me out that would be amazing. Thanks!!

System Specs
31 GB usable DDR4 3200mhz
i6700k
msi 980ti 6GB

Attachments:
1.JPG (102.5 KB)
2.JPG (95.3 KB)

2528 posts
You don't need to add the red node with FLIP.

See those yellow folder like icons? Those are already setup for you to export your simulation data. The compressed node will export voxel data, the surface node will export final surfaced geometry.

So the process is that you kick out a .bgeo.sc sequence from the compressed node FIRST. After that is complete simply activate the checkbox on the node to load from disk. This will get you near real time play back of your simulation in voxel display (i.e wireframe boxes).

What is nice about this too is the fact that white water fetches it's data from the compressed node so once you have a compressed file cache on disk your whitewater will run faster.

At this point you move to the next step which is creating a surface representation of your fluid. By writing out the compressed data in the previous step, you no longer need to simulate. This allows you to have more interactivity when dialing in the surface parameters on the particlefluidsurface node.

Once you have your particlefluidsurface node set up how you like you export the surface cache as a .bgeo.sc sequence. When it is complete, you activate the checkbox to load from disk.

After those two steps are complete you can pretty much scrub the fluid simulation near real time. The scrub speed depends upon the complexity of your final fluid surface, of course.
Edited by Enivob - April 28, 2017 11:58:15
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links