Console warning Warning: QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO

19000   6   3
5 posts
I'm getting this Console message: “Qt Warn: Warning: QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO is deprecated. Instead use:
QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to enable platform plugin controlled per-screen factors.
QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS to set per-screen factors.
QT_SCALE_FACTOR to set the application global scale factor.”

How to fix it?
www.lukx.com
Staff
1255 posts
That's weird. Houdini doesn't even reference QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO.

You could try a clean environment by temporarily moving aside your user prefs directory (i.e. $HOME/houdini16.0) and also unsetting any HOUDINI_* and QT_* variables in your environment. Then see if Houdini still produces those warnings.

And if that doesn't work then I'm not sure what else to try.

In the worst case scenario you can ignore those warnings. They are pretty harmless.

Cheers,
Rob
1 posts
Hello, I have the same error. I can't even start the Houdini program at all.
It keep showing the error and license window.
I was going to stury houdini with free license but I can't even start.
Staff
1255 posts
Artsvard
Hello, I have the same error. I can't even start the Houdini program at all.
It keep showing the error and license window.
I was going to stury houdini with free license but I can't even start.

If the license window appears then it sounds like a licensing issue that is preventing Houdini from launching. The QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO warning is likely unrelated and harmless.

Have you completed installing free Apprentice licenses on your machine?

Also, you may want to check out the License sections in the Houdini FAQs:
https://www.sidefx.com/faq/ [www.sidefx.com]

There may be something in the FAQs that helps address the issue that you are running into.

Cheers,
Rob
1 posts
For anyone else with the same problem, you probably have an QT environment variable that can be removed.
So the solution is to delete the system environment variable “QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO” with the key “auto”, and the errors will go away.
1 posts
3DMikael
For anyone else with the same problem, you probably have an QT environment variable that can be removed.
So the solution is to delete the system environment variable “QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO” with the key “auto”, and the errors will go away.
Where is the “QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO”
1 posts
JulianMateus
3DMikael
Where is the “QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO”

Right click “This PC” icon>Properties>Advanced System Settings>Advanced>Environmental Variables> Here are two lists.
Delete "QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO auto“ from ”User“ list and ”System" list, save.
  • Quick Links