Drifting Snow

1848   1   0
12 posts
I have been dabbling in Houdini for awhile now, never really getting to far but trying to understand more concepts. But the time has come where I need to put my skills, and learning ability to the test. I already have a driveway and snow modeled on the ground, but I need to make a drifting effect that would look like snow drifting across the top of the snow. Like this [c1.staticflickr.com]

Any direction on this would be great.

Thanks!

Update 1:

I actually started a test. Not sure if this is the right way to do it, but made a sphere with whispy smoke. Then I added wind force. Then I took a cube and made it static to keep it low to the ground. I didn't bring in the exact geo, but took a gird and applied a moutain and made it static. It interacted quite nicely and feel like it should work when I bring in the correct geo.

I would feel like there is a better way to keep the smoke towards the ground correct? Instead of putting a cube there to block it…

Thanks. Pretty happy with my first attempt and should be able to dial it in. Just want to learn other methods, as I have a couple months to complete this.

Thanks
Edited by kallas08 - June 21, 2017 13:50:56
12 posts
Any ideas? Anyone please…
Thanks
  • Quick Links