OSM Streets

2447   1   1
3 posts
Hi everyone!
I'm currently fiddling around with the OSM Importer (https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/osm-importer/)
So far it has been great to play around with it and after some banging my head against the wall, I got the points of the buildings projected onto some random landscape that I created and extruded from there.

At the moment I'm trying to create the roads for the area I imported and am kind of lost.
I used a blast to get the roads that I want to use (@highway!=“”)and used a polyframe (tangent Name = N) to copy a line to each point.
So far it looks alright.
But as soon as I use a skin or polyloft on the output, everything goes “BOOM”.

I'm not quiet sure what's going on (I suppose that the point numbers are continuing even after the segments end and therefore everything gets connected)

Can anybody give me a nudge (or kick if necessary) into the right direction?
I fiddled around with creating groups for primitive, but this led to no solution (it's the point wrangler node with this code
string groupname = sprintf("prim_%d", @primnum);
setpointgroup(0, groupname, @ptnum, 1);
I “simply” want to create the roadsystem as geometry.

I hope somebody around here can help me

Cheers
Daniel

Attachments:
happrentice_2018-04-16_17-12-21.png (296.7 KB)
happrentice_2018-04-16_17-13-16.png (394.3 KB)

3 posts
Hey everyone,

I found a solution to my problem: The sweep node.
Using the line as Crosssection and my paths as Backbone.
I tried the node previously and thought it didn't work, as no changes where visible.
But it just creates the faces with the normals pointing down

Still the streets are rather jagged and not that nice, so any recommendation on how to approach the street building with the osm data would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
Daniel
  • Quick Links