Chris Billig aka Scatterlight Studio - DO NOT WORK HERE!

3550   1   0
2 posts
Hey all, Just a quick blurb about a studio I wanted to expose and let everyone know about. I recently had to sue Chris Billig / Scatterlight studio for work done on a project in mid Dec. 2017 to early Jan. 2018. I won my case, but am still pursuing and trying to collect my judgement (3 invoices plus court costs and interest). If this was a one-off I might not have said anything, but apparently this guy (Chris Billig) has a history of doing this to artists. After doing a bit of research I've found that he owes money to many others who are actively pursuing getting paid through Small Claims and the Dept. of Labor. I'm just posting this here so that if you're ever contacted by this studio for work or if you ever have an opportunity to work there based on my experience I would adamantly advise against it. I don't want this type of person / studio to continue to do this to people who are trying to make an honest living in this industry. It's not right.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Scatterlight-Studios-RVW18302682.htm [www.glassdoor.com]
Edited by matt_johnson45 - Jan. 20, 2019 18:55:59
2 posts
I'm sharing this as a continuation to one of my previous posts in regards to exposing and bringing awareness to the seemingly corrupt nature of Chris Billig aka Scatterlight Studios. I sued Chris Billig aka Scatterlight Studios back in 04/2018 for work done mid 12/2017 to 01/2018. As of 01/2019 I'm STILL pursuing judgement collection. Chris Billig the husband of Nicole Billig is a blatant liar. He's filed motions, appeals, has rarely showed up to court and just continues to delay. Unfortunately, I'm not alone. I have a spreadsheet filled with an increasing number of individuals who were hired by Chris and at some point just decided he no longer wanted to pay. Many are actively pursuing restitution (~$250k) through Small Claims or the Dept. of Labor. Chris Billig aka Scatterlight Studios recently (7/2018) lost two cases via the Dept. of Labor and was found to owe those artists alone a roughly combined $70K.

I want to re-iterate that based on my experience if you're ever contacted by this studio to do business with I would adamantly advise against it.

I again invite you to take a look at the reviews on Glassdoor. With all the bad reviews over the past year or so it seems highly unlikely any positive reviews were written by credible individuals. Seems like a desperate scramble.
  • Quick Links