Upgrading from Apprentice to Indie

1635   2   0
42 posts
Hi, so after a couple weeks of learning the apprentice version I decided to fork out and upgrade to the Indie so I can export fbx. However upon loading the scene I just been working on for the last week I notice that it tells me it's switching mode and won't let me export the scene! Is there really no way I can load this scene into the upgraded version, without having to recreate the last week's work?? That seems kind of crazy if I'm honest..

cheers - Aten
833 posts
It's not crazy if you think about it….otherwise many people would simply use the free Apprentice version for serious work, then send the file to a friend who has Indie or FX for rendering or exporting, and SideFX would be left out in the cold with absolutely no revenue.

I believe that you can contact SideFX and ask them to convert an Apprentice version file to Indie or FX on a limited basis.

Otherwise, I do believe you can export to .obj from Apprentice which might be all that you need to transfer your scene over (although you will lose all the node trees).
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
42 posts
It's ok I found out there's a site called Orbolt that does it for you, it's SideFX approved so i guess it was ok!
  • Quick Links