Flower Bloom Test

3893   3   1
26 posts
Hello Everyone.
I tried here to make a flower bloom effect in Houdini. I found out that in actual flower blooming is a pritty complicated process and gotta to a lot more research to make it realistic, but that's what I have so far

Cheers!
Edited by Kaloyan - March 23, 2019 14:43:35
1755 posts
Looks great! Pretty convincing IMO…
26 posts
McNistor
Looks great! Pretty convincing IMO…
Thanks McNistor! Yeah I'm not gonna lie that I already spent quite some time to research and test and I'm happy with the results to some extend but it's more towards a cartoon style animation rathar than a realistic one I think. Flowers remarkable nature product!
By the way I should add that everything is created in Houdini, including the colors and patterns on the shaders. No textures used, just color painting and procedural patterns. I found that's pretty cool that you can do that in Houdini
Edited by Kaloyan - March 23, 2019 08:32:17
35 posts
That looks awesome Kaloyan. I'd love to learn how you did all that in Houdini. As an environmental scientist learning to play with Houdini, I'm also in awe of nature & how complicated it is to model & animate realistically. The textures look pretty cool too. Well done & keep up the good work.
Edited by DevoStevo - April 30, 2019 01:00:38
The only devil I know is in the detail.
  • Quick Links