Display Options camera view background image stuck - greyed out

2714   3   1
22 posts
Hi!
Houdini 17.5 and 17.0

I have a file that was created on a different machine in 17.0.
There was a background image for the camera view set in the display options. This image is not available on the new machine (houdini 17.5). So it dialogues me with a message every time I render a cam view.
Tried to delete the referenced image but the field is greyed out. Can't make changes. I imported the image already but the path doesn't seem to fit. (even if it shows the same letters in the name)
Reopened the file on the old machine and it's greyed out there as well.

Any hint's if this is a bug or my fault?

Thanks !
13 posts
7pc
Hi!
Houdini 17.5 and 17.0

I have a file that was created on a different machine in 17.0.
There was a background image for the camera view set in the display options. This image is not available on the new machine (houdini 17.5). So it dialogues me with a message every time I render a cam view.
Tried to delete the referenced image but the field is greyed out. Can't make changes. I imported the image already but the path doesn't seem to fit. (even if it shows the same letters in the name)
Reopened the file on the old machine and it's greyed out there as well.

Any hint's if this is a bug or my fault?

Thanks !
Man, I have the same issue. Don't know why I can't upload the sequence as a background image (it's greyed). The background image parameter in the View tab of the camera doesn't allow me to upload the sequence. Just one image. Unanabling of Background image checkbox also doesn't work. What's wrong with that?

Attachments:
Screenshot_1.png (211.9 KB)

679 posts
Hmm, there must be something you made wrong. The Background Image in the Camera View Properties lets one assign Image Sequences. Check "show sequences as one entry" when selecting your images.

Cheers
CYTE
Staff
5158 posts
When you're looking through a camera, the display option is disabled because the camera path is taken from the camera object itself. Just enter your sequence in the Background Image parameter instead.
  • Quick Links