Bardel is currently recruiting for a talented FX Pipeline TD to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. The FX Pipeline TD is responsible for producing high quality and reliable tools to help the flow of production in the FX department. We are looking for skilled Python programmers inside Maya and Houdini, keen on the FX workflow.
What you will be doing:
- Develop tools to speed up the daily work of the artists on the floor
- Automate tasks to improve production speed
- Create functional UI’s to assist the usage of the developed tools
- Ongoing communication with Supervisors and Leads to improve tools and workflow
- Work with the back end team to ensure the infrastructure works with the tools
- Assist artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with particles effects, volumes and FX related rendering
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a VFX or Animation Studio
- Exceptional knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Exceptional knowledge of Houdini
- Strong knowledge of Arnold for Maya
- Strong knowledge of Mantra
- Strong knowledge of Python scripting in Maya
- Strong knowledge of python and HOM in Houdini
- QT UI building capabilities
- Overall knowledge of an animation pipeline
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent is a plus
- Creative problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups
- Experience troubleshooting pipeline issues
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position’s criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel – don’t hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ [www.bardel.ca] to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.