Problems with Gamedev 1.2.06 fluids v2 and UE4 4.22

1780   0   0
4 posts
Hello!

I'm trying to use the newest release of the Gamedev tools to import a fluid into UE4 4.22. I've followed the newest video tutorial and created the material function, as well as all the edits I need to make to the generated textures and such. However, when I process the fluid sim (reduced to a low-poly mesh via meshreduce in Houdini) it comes out as complete garbage in UE4: flickering, changing triangles that have no bearing whatsoever on the base shape. What's strange is that in the Houdini vertex animation textures object the generated mesh is the exact same garbage, so it's clearly not some sort of Unreal-import error.

I have it set to Fluid (Changing Topology) correctly and I did follow the video at https://vimeo.com/357970428/3eda722f97 [vimeo.com] to set everything up (though that's more about dynamics than fluids, I figure it's similar enough). The strange thing is that I 100% got this working in the 1.0 version of the VAT tool about ~6 months ago, but this new one is just outputting garbage no matter what I do.

To be clear, this isn't the case of slightly offset frame range numbers - that usually manifests as individual polygons flying around and a sense that the animation is there, just timed wrong. This is just absolutely enormous triangles intersecting each other in a huge jumble, oscillating around in time.

Any help would be super appreciated. For refernce, the old version of the vertex animation textures (v1) works perfectly, so I'm at a complete loss.
  • Quick Links