Autorig (IK controllers position change)

1834   5   0
76 posts
In the process of animation, IK controllers change their initial position. What should I look for to prevent this from happening?

Attachments:
To_Forum.hip (12.8 MB)

Staff
3455 posts
it looks like they are being rotated around as you animate
if I turn off all the controls except for the left foot IK control
and then step through the animation from frame 140-160 I can see that the control is rotating but the foot/leg isn't - so they get a different orientation.
I think I can change the controls in a future update so that you'll see this happening.

for now open this file and go into the geo node
copy the SOPs that are there and then paste them into your L_Foot_footroot etc controls

Edited by goldfarb - Nov. 19, 2019 16:55:46

Attachments:
add_to_control_geo.hip (62.4 KB)
merge_new_control_geo.png (24.4 KB)
new_control_geo.png (35.2 KB)

Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
76 posts
Image Not Found

Гольдфарб
it looks like they are being rotated around as you animate
if I turn off all the controls except for the left foot IK control
and then step through the animation from frame 140-160 I can see that the control is rotating but the foot/leg isn't - so they get a different orientation.
I think I can change the controls in a future update so that you'll see this happening.

for now open this file and go into the geo node
copy the SOPs that are there and then paste them into your L_Foot_footroot etc controls
Image Not Found

Image Not Found
Did I understand correctly, this will not replace the IR controllers in the current animation, but will prevent them from shifting in the new animation?
Edited by dddmod___ - Nov. 19, 2019 17:14:10
76 posts
Yeah, I realized this is for visualization to see the direction. In my example, this controller is twisted. But I don’t understand how it shifted in arm

Attachments:
shot_191120_014349.png (168.6 KB)

Staff
3455 posts
not sure - if you blend between IK and FK at frame 1 for the left hand you'll see that in FK the bones are in the same position as the right side…
I made a new HDA based on the one in the file and it comes out just fine…so you may have made a change in the rig somewhere
when I use Match Definition to return your rig to it's saved state the IK/FK blend on the Left Arm doesn't seem to work.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
76 posts
goldfarb
not sure - if you blend between IK and FK at frame 1 for the left hand you'll see that in FK the bones are in the same position as the right side…
I made a new HDA based on the one in the file and it comes out just fine…so you may have made a change in the rig somewhere
when I use Match Definition to return your rig to it's saved state the IK/FK blend on the Left Arm doesn't seem to work.
Perhaps this is due to the fact that I added a blend to the brush https://dl.dropbox.com/s/atq4h9lw4v05een/shot_191122_011549.png?dl=0 [dl.dropbox.com] although it seems to me that this should not affect. Anyway, thanks for the answer. I have one more difficulty with autorig. I don’t know, maybe the autorig is not intended for import into Unreal, but when I try to export an autorig to Unreal I get this error https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9a5gm63b5lxwd36/shot_191122_011641.png?dl=0 [dl.dropbox.com]
  • Quick Links