Dual monitor setup

2839   3   0
3 posts
Hi at all Users,
sorry for my bad english, my name is Ross (Rosario) and i'm from Italy. This is my first post here and i'm a very newbie about Houdini, Apprentice version for this moment (hope to upgrade to Indie very soon), very amazing tool. About 3D computer-graphics, my background is from Lightwave and Modo. Please, can I ask a question?

Does it possible to set the Houdini graphic-user-interface for 2 monitors (dual display)?

Anyway, thank you very much in all the cases.
7 posts
Yes, no problem, after you setup the workspace you can save it!
All panels can be released from the main window and stuff, pretty customizable
320 posts
Yes. I have mine set up for dual monitors. I have View pane on second monitor. to set up there is a downward pointing arrow, click on it, select Tear Off Pane Tab, then move it to second monitor. I then rearrange the other panes to my liking. then I saved it under a different name, for instance MY_build and saved it.

if you want Houdini to start on your setup you just created, then click:
EDIT,
Preferences,
General User Interface. there you will see Startup in Desktop with a pull down menu just to the right, select the build you saved (My_build) then click accept and Houdini will start up with your setup.
3 posts
Thank You very much for your useful answers.
I've solved following your indications and saved the customized desktop setup as “dual”. In the preferences options i saved this custom desktop setup as initial one instead of “build”. On the secondary monitor i have placed network pane, material pane and tree view, leaving attributes and its nearly panels on the first monitor with viewport.
Thanks more.
ps: I'll publish the relative screenshot very soon…
Edited by Ross68 - Dec. 14, 2019 09:12:31
  • Quick Links