Substance Plugin Redshift Workflow

492   7   1
6 posts
hi,

can someone help me out to getting the new substance plugin work with redshift in houdini? i have tried the most common workflow referencing with “op” etc. but it dont work for me. any advise?

best
Fred
6 posts
hey there,

are there any news about a functional redshift substance plugin houdini workflow?

best
Fred
601 posts
Moin, Fred,

I haven't looked into anything substance-related lately, but since I am “dabbling” a lot with RS and scripting in Houdini these days, maybe I can help you out.
Would you be willing to share a test file that I can play with? I don't have any substances stored anywhere any longer (basically left that ship quite some time ago), but I developed some substance-related tools a few years ago, so I do have a basic understanding of what they are and how they work. I can't promise anything and I won't be able to do it “right away”, but I am interested in this from the RS point of view.

Marc

Software Sewers Service (aka Pipeline Problems Solver)
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
601 posts
Hmm … doesn't seem to be that important to you. I would have loved to help/cooperate, but maybe you figured it out by yourself.

Fair enough.

Marc

6 posts
hey malbrecht,

thx for your answer. i will give you feedback and send you a scene file.

best
Fred
Edited by Fred Eric - Feb. 11, 2020 08:43:30
6 posts
Greetings malbrecht, attached I am sending you my project file with the Substance to Redshift setup. As soon as I try to integrate the substance file into Redshift the texture is not transferred or Houdini crashes.

best
Fred

Attachments:
substance_to_redshift.zip (644.5 KB)
current_setup.JPG (300.1 KB)

601 posts
Moin,

crashes for me, too, using Houdini 18.0.348. I was able to get a segmentation fault error and a crash-report. I will file a bug report to SeSi.

Hacking around problems I might be able to do. But plain crashs with Segmentation faults … that's something for those to fix who made the booboo in the first place :-)

Marc

6 posts
malbrecht
Moin,

crashes for me, too, using Houdini 18.0.348. I was able to get a segmentation fault error and a crash-report. I will file a bug report to SeSi.

Hacking around problems I might be able to do. But plain crashs with Segmentation faults … that's something for those to fix who made the booboo in the first place :-)

Marc

thanks for sending the bug report malbrecht. i appreciate it
  • Quick Links