Handle Bindings

3365   4   0
2 posts
Whenever I create a HDA and a Transformer Handle, the Bindings section has all these parent_xfo and pivot_comp fields that I'm not sure are usually there, and when I scroll to the bottom I seem to be missing tz and friends. Searching online I couldn't seem to find anything about why or how to access it.

Vaguely related but more to do with Houdini Engine in Unity (new so I don't know if I should post this separately there), whenever I assign a float channel from an attribute wrangle to say the tx Binding on the Transformer handle, the handle works in Houdini but doesn't show up (no Enable Handles checkbox) in Unity, only if tx is assigned to say a transform x value (t2x) does it come back and work. Is this intended? That handles only work for controlling values that match the handle?

Will continue trying to investigate, would appreciate any additional information, thanks!

Attachments:
handle_01.PNG (39.0 KB)
handle_02.PNG (29.5 KB)

620 posts
Create a transform sop inside HDA, and in viewer click RMB on handle, select "Export Handle to Digital Asset” . Then you can see how to bind.
2 posts
Hey Jerry,

When I create the handle that way I still get the huge list and no tz at the bottom of it.
Staff
1072 posts
The list being cut off at the bottom was fixed in 18.0.350.
13 posts
What about handle pivot? Pivot always set to origin when i import my hda to Unity.
  • Quick Links