SOP Create layer save path not outputting usd file on disk

1855   2   0
3 posts
Hi,

I was following along the Solaris Workshop and in the Prep Asset workshop, where Jeff Wagner sets up three SOP Create nodes with different barrels he checks “layer save path”. (Your text to link here… [youtu.be]).
From what I gather this should save individual usd files for every Barrel in .usdc format alongside the rest of the configured usd paths, am I right? Because i'm getting everything else saved to disk except the individual barrels usd files. Don't know what I'm missing. The network setup is the same followed in the video. Don't know what I'm missing, any help with this would be great thx.
7741 posts
If load as reference is disabled and copy to editable layer is enabled then the sop layer doesn't need a save path as it's been copied to the current layer.

To save it to its own layer either enable reference or disable copy to editable layer.
3 posts
Yup thanks! I digged into the Solaris demo files and found that when loaded in as reference it saved them out in their own layer. I'm still struggling to understand how LOPS are actually creating the layers, copying them into each other, etc. Thanks for the reply hopefully someone finds this useful!
  • Quick Links