Does Husk need a license? other than the render engine used?

4899   7   0
123 posts
Hello,

I'm working on getting Solaris to work on rendernodes but have stumbled upon some license issues.

I get this message when trying to render with Redshift with Husk "No licenses could be found to run this application. Please check for a valid license server host"

This even appear when trying to render with Karma. The Karma license is installed on local license manager.

The only way i have gotten it to work so far, is to use sideFX as a license server, but no of the licenses there are claimed during rendering.

This is with 18.5.462

I'm not sure what is going on, anyone else who have experience rendering with Husk and Redshift?
Edited by Heileif - March 5, 2021 12:14:12
7737 posts
I had a similar sounding problem on Windows when using the default settings for license server on Windows.

The default license server string was to use name of computer comma sidefx web server. On windows the name of the computer doesn't resolve to an ip address so it was failing to find any license server. When I changed the license server string to just the computer's name or to just sidefx web server it worked. The only way I got it to work with both was to replace the name of the computer with 'localhost'.
123 posts
Hello

Thank you for the reply!

I'm using Windows to.

I tried using ip adress and writing 'localhost' after your reply.

Localhost gets converted to the computer name :/ But now i get a message about Karma license will expire soon, so progress i guess.

From my understanding of Husk is that it should work without license, and only needing license from the render engine beeing used. But maybe i'm wrong?
7737 posts
Heileif
Hello

Thank you for the reply!

I'm using Windows to.

Localhost gets converted to the computer name :/ But now i get a message about Karma license will expire soon, so progress i guess.

From my understanding of Husk is that it should work without license, and only needing license from the render engine beeing used. But maybe i'm wrong?

All the houdini tools require a connection to the license server with valid licenses present. Husk or mplay and the like do not 'check out' a license to work.
123 posts
jsmack
Heileif
Hello

Thank you for the reply!

I'm using Windows to.

All the houdini tools require a connection to the license server with valid licenses present. Husk or mplay and the like do not 'check out' a license to work.

Good to know.

Thank you for the quick reply again
581 posts
jsmack
Heileif
Hello

Thank you for the reply!

I'm using Windows to.

Hello jsmack, that means that husk just need a valid license server online?
If at the moment I kick the render there are no more hbatch licenses available it will start the render?
Thanks
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
123 posts
lisux
jsmack
Heileif
Hello

Thank you for the reply!

I'm using Windows to.

Hello jsmack, that means that husk just need a valid license server online?
If at the moment I kick the render there are no more hbatch licenses available it will start the render?
Thanks

Yes, it should work.

All our Houdini and Engine licenses have been in use, and Husk(Connected to same license server) still rendered fine.
581 posts
Great, thanks for the info Heileif
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
  • Quick Links