Object transforms to points for Copy to Points

1368   1   1
25 posts
Hi!

I'm new to Houdini and I've been looking around for something on the topic but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking to take the position of a bunch of models in a Houdini scene and convert them into points with all of the data needed to use a Copy to Points and spawn an instance of the mesh in UE with the same transforms. So far, I've been able to load the fbx in houdini, transform it, and i've been able to match the position with an attribute wrangle node and this line: @P = set(ch("../transform1/tx"),ch("../transform1/ty"),ch("../transform1/tz"));
However, i need to take scale and rotation into account and I haven't had much luck. looks like the cracktransform and maketransform VEX could come in handy. ant advice from the wise?
Edited by GammaMinus - April 1, 2021 19:57:33

Attachments:
Ducks.jpg (201.9 KB)

25 posts
The solution I worked out:
I transformed a bunch of models with transform nodes. For each transformed model, I used an add node to add a single point and then used an attribute VOP to transfer the attributes straight from the transform node onto the new point. Then, I used the unreal_instance attribute to define which mesh from UE to load.

Attachments:
VOP.jpg (31.8 KB)

• Quick Links