How I plan to do this are as follows (consider this a road map towards building a flipper):
- Create two cylinders (One big and one small).
- Create a rectangular box and taper it to bridge between the cylinders.
- Boolean union with the 3 meshes.
- Create a copy of it; and scale/extrude proportionally from the sides by a couple of centimeters (for collision geometry).
- Create another copy of the copy; scale the y-axis on both top and bottom ends; and position that copy within the height of the flipper; the copy of the copy is the rubber portion of the flipper.
- Adjustable radius/diameter of the two cylinders; the size of the corresponding faces of the rectangular box is dependent on those cylinders.
- Adjustable length of the flipper; rubber and collision are dependent on it.
- Adjustable height of the flipper; collision is dependent on it.
- Adjustable height and thickness of the flipper rubber; collision geometry thickness is dependent on the thickness of the rubber.
- Adjustable number of segments for the big and small cylinders; both cylinders are independent.
Think that wraps up my roadmap in a nutshell; notice I did not include high poly version for baking as well as uv unwrapping; these come later.