Render Scheduler for Solaris / LOPS

2187   3   1
1 posts
This may be an incredibly basic question, but how are people queueing up renders for Solaris/Lops? I've tried several solutions across Redshift, Renderman and Karma.

I've tried to go through PDG to to get to Deadline, but haven't gotten very far (various errors that others on the forum have run into that don't seem to have a solution). I get it to work with the Deadline scheduler, and passed on to Deadline, but errors out at that point.

I couldn't get HQUEUE to work, either. But I didn't push too hard on this one.

I read a bit about Afanasy, but it seems like a stretch.

There has to be a solution, right? Am I completely missing something? How do most people deal with scheduling renders in Houdini, in general. I'm coming from C4D, so I was used to the Render Queue.
31 posts
i gave up on this as well, solaris is huge mess and a moving target.... let hope for future updates !
—————–
Heribert

+heribertraab.com
1 posts
Yeah I had to roll my own Python TOP node for Deadline + Redshift USD renders. Was hoping to use Deadline Scheduler for this stuff but I haven't been able to get it working with newer versions of Deadline, same issues as others.

I'm loving the overall workflow for lighting in Solaris but it's still pretty rough around the edges in a lot of areas.
1618 posts
You don't need to get a full PDG graph into your render manager. (Unless that is exactly what you want).

To render LOPs/Solaris stuff as mentioned in the first post, you can simply use husk (the included command line tool that renders USD files). It works just about the same as mantra or prman or any other commandline renderer and can be used with any render manager.

Getting PDG to fully work is a non-trivial task, so I would suggest that if "rendering" is the thing that you want to distribute and not "cooking", you focus on that first.
Martin Winkler
money man at Alarmstart Germany
  • Quick Links