Please apply here for ILM Singapore: https://jobs.jobvite.com/lucascompanies/job/or86dfwC [jobs.jobvite.com]
The Effects Technical Director generates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They are responsible for lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their supervisors.
* Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems
* Can set-up and wrangle heavy particle effects
* Solid lighting/rendering ability and working knowledge of Nuke.
* Can animate moderate objects with proficiency.
* Can pick-up new technologies quickly and easily and can debug just about anything.
* Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability.
Education / Experience
*3-5+ years production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work
*Demo reel with breakdown required
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
*Working knowledge of Houdini
*Ability to communicate cross-discipline and provide innovative solutions to pipeline issues.
*Detail oriented and strong self-sufficient troubleshooter.
*Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling and texturing, animation, rendering and compositing
Preferred Skills / Competencies
*Linux and scripting ability in Python
*Expert knowledge of Houdini and proficient in VEX
*Good knowledge of Mantra, including setting up and writing shaders