Exporting Houdini Engine to other applications

911   1   1
1 posts
I downloaded the Unreal plugins as well as Houdini Indie, which shows as Apprentice when I start it.

My workflow includes 3Dcoat for painting and final texturing for games. I was under the impression That you could export from Houdini Engine to other applications, or is this to only the specific applications listed?

Can I actually export to FBX for 3Dcoat or am I limited to only HDA files to Unreal Plugins?

Does the fact my software starts as Apprentice instead of Engine an issue?

Randy
48 posts
magnum.rh
I downloaded the Unreal plugins as well as Houdini Indie, which shows as Apprentice when I start it.

My workflow includes 3Dcoat for painting and final texturing for games. I was under the impression That you could export from Houdini Engine to other applications, or is this to only the specific applications listed?

Can I actually export to FBX for 3Dcoat or am I limited to only HDA files to Unreal Plugins?

Does the fact my software starts as Apprentice instead of Engine an issue?

Randy

OK, this was my post just posted from an account I need to delete as I recovered my old account now from back in 2008.

I think I figured this out right after I posted. There is a way to accomplish this for what I need - I think until I decide to purchase the indie lic. SO I can create till that time.
Desktop -Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad|8GB OCZ DDR3|Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia GTX280 (2) SLI | 1.5TB | Liquid Cooled

Laptop - Sager Intel Q9550@2.83 Quad | 4GB DDR2 | Vista Ultimate 64 | Nvidia 9800M GTX 1GB
  • Quick Links