How to handle HDA's with mulitple outputs???

1116   1   1
3 posts
Hi there,

So I'm trying to create a TOP network primarily with HDA's that have mutliple outputs for various elements (curves, geometry etc)
Some of the HDA's down the chain, process only one of these say 1 HDA will process output 0, the other output 1, etc. Then will be recombined later in the network.

How would I approach this idea in PDG? Editing the HDAs to create "pass through" data i.e. just creating an input that connects directly to an output was one way I thought of. But doing this for multiple HDA's just seems impractical.

Can anybody point me to a better way, I'm pretty new to PDG so not too familiar with all the available nodes. Feel like it's something simple.
Edited by zdesir - Sept. 15, 2022 17:54:33

Attachments:
PDG_problem.png (128.7 KB)

3 posts
Update: So you can get a previous processors output by directly referencing the file on disk.
The only issue I can think here is be careful with naming as you don't want the node being referenced versioning it's output.
You'd want it to overwrite any existing (file) output.

Is there a better way than this though? I'am hoping somebody has come up against this and may have a better approach???

Attachments:
PDG_problem_01.png (231.1 KB)

• Quick Links