Exporting RBD sim attributes to Niagara

1302   3   1
8 posts
Hiya,

I'm exporting a RBD sim to to Niagara and I'd like to encode a pscale attribute that can be used to generate spherical collision for each chunk in UE.

I deleted my post from yesterday because it's irrelevant now but I still can't crack the problem, I feel like I've been skirting around the solution all day but there's been no eureka moment. I've tried loads of nodes and different approaches, including VEX, but the solution is still eluding me.

This is partially working, I can get the bounds and I have the radius as a detail attribute on the geo, but I must be missing something fundamental 'cos nothing I've tried will let me transfer it to the points' pscale attrib.

I'll attach a chopped down .hip in case anyone feels like helping out a poor Houdini noob who's read far too many help pages today

Not holding my breath, but thanks in advance if anyone can point me the right way!
Edited by triffski - Nov. 15, 2022 17:49:28

Attachments:
sphere_bounds.hip (6.6 MB)
2022-11-15 223325.jpg (92.2 KB)

80 posts
Hey ! Howard sent me here.

This is a way you can transfer pscale, however I have no experience with niagara or anything and adding a pscale to your points breaks your sim in Houdini but yeah, here you go

Attachments:
sphere_bounds_WBT.hiplc (1.6 MB)

8 posts
Hey Tom, thanks so much for this! I was asked for pscale but after looking into the Niagara end some more, I think it can be any custom attrib.

Just working through what you've done, I think I was suffering from a knowledge gap yesterday

Thanks again!
80 posts
Hey, glad you got it to work !

No worries!

Have a lovely day!
  • Quick Links