Permission denied in project, visibility toggle

3018   4   1
52 posts
Hi, I am in the middle of a project, and for some reason, after opening the .hip again, the recently worked on sop level nodes become un-editable.
For example, when I want to toggle visibility, it says: Permission denied.
But these are not things containing imported locked HDAs, I don't have permission to edit my SOP level nodes, created by me.
Further more the parameters at sop level and inside the geometry nodes are greyed out, except for the ones I modified.

I have no idea why.

Less important:
Since I imported a Mixamo animation all of the parameters have this ugly color, where can I change this?

Attachments:
locked_parameters.png (65.0 KB)
brown_parameters.png (79.0 KB)

8689 posts
importing FBX with animation through File/Import most likely created a new Take for the animation

creating a new Take and making it current locks all paramters except for the ones included in the Take
you can include more parms in Take through RMB menu

creating a new node while in a Take will turn Auto Takes On as thats needed to create new node, but it will also result in colors you see which suggest that those can be automatically included in Take when edited

long story short, you are in non-main Take, and Takes overall may be confusing and dangerous unless you know how they work and use them deliberately, I personally tend to stay away from them

more info here [www.sidefx.com]

It may also be much easier to import your mixamo character and animations using KineFX FBX Import SOPs
Edited by tamte - March 5, 2023 03:17:33
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
52 posts
Thank you for your response.

Then, how do I get out of this mess?
I don't even use the Mixamo animation anymore.
When switching to the main, some of the nodes are not visible anymore, even though the visibility toggle is on.
But on the bright side, when switching back to the Mixamo take, it seems like the previously locked nodes and parameters have become unlocked.
So the state of my project is not as dire as I thought, but still it would be nice if I knew a way to fix this..
Edited by cheesetroyer - March 5, 2023 04:03:30
8689 posts
Don't work in a Take, especially with Auto Takes On, it's just gonna create more mess

I'd suggest merging all Takes to Main using one of these 2 methods and deleting them
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/73595/?page=1#post-351684 [www.sidefx.com]
Edited by tamte - March 5, 2023 04:10:33
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
52 posts
Thank you for your help.
  • Quick Links