Conform modifier

1088   6   1
48 posts
Hi,

So I'm trying to align my thinking from Max to H, and today I was looking at the new conform modifier. What would be an approach in Houdini to achieve something similar? -especially interesting being the volume preservation option.
Rather, how would you even call it in H?

Link to conform modifier in Max [help.autodesk.com]
Edited by coccosoids - Nov. 20, 2023 18:09:49
2537 posts
Read the help cards for the creep node or the ray node.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
475 posts
If interested, here is an experimental file (trying to reimplemented some examples)
Edited by Aizatulin - Nov. 25, 2023 10:15:12

Attachments:
conform_modifier.hipnc (502.9 KB)
conform_modifierA.hipnc (597.9 KB)
conform_modifierB.hipnc (759.5 KB)

48 posts
Aizatulin
If interested, here is an experimental file (trying to reimplemented some examples)
Thank you. I peeked at the file and had a little scare there. Will look again with a bit more courage.
48 posts
Enivob
Read the help cards for the creep node or the ray node.

As far as I can tell creep only works with Nurbs base surfaces, if you want something that works as expected out of the box, and ray could probably work but not with additional steps.
475 posts
Sure ,

the method is very experimental and I don't have a good idea at the moment to make it more straight forward without adjusting many parameters. But I think there are more elegant solutions out there (especially for the shrink wrap cases, with multiple direction rays).
2537 posts
Here's a couple of examples.
https://forums.odforce.net/topic/51433-conform-objects-to-the-surface-of-another-in-houdini-zbrush-matchmaker/#comment-232857 [forums.odforce.net]

This one conforms a flat logo to a surface before the extrusion process.
https://forums.odforce.net/topic/24894-conform-object-to-surface/ [forums.odforce.net]
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links