Re-centering handle pivot based on selection.

5608   2   0
9 posts
I'm a little confused by help docs and the hot key manager. :?

After you detach a handle and move it about how do you re-center it to the currently selected geo? The geometry.pdf guide (page 18, or under section 6.2) states “… the Handle’s centre point (the pivot), can be translated by selecting it with ‘ and dragging. You can type ’O' to move the Handle back to the centre of the selection …” Hitting O doesn't move it back, and it isn't even bound to anything that deals with the handles. No biggie. Under the hotkey manager under the context of there is a action titled “Move Pivot to Selection Origin” which sounds like what I'm looking for. So I bind it to Ctrl-V because its not bound to anything else in houdini. I try hitting Ctrl-V with a detached translate handle and nothing happens. It just sits there. :shock:

Am I missing something along the way? One work around is by right clicking on the handle and selecting “Handle follows group”. This seems to move it back but the orientation is off, at which point I can re-align to the world or the c-plane. But I would still like a hot key to realign to the center selection :roll:

jim price
63 posts
I don't have the answer your looking for; but, I too am wondering this. I was fiddling with Houdini tonight and tried moving the pivot point. I then wanted to put it back to the original spot but didn't see a “centre pivot point” anywhere. I'll have to try the help files tomorrow. If anyone has any insight into this, it would be greatly appreciated.
639 posts

(sorry… read too fast…)
  • Quick Links