Particles won't collide with collider GEO

3175   5   1
67 posts
I have an issue where my debris particles are dropping through every single collider I put. Not sure what the issue is I did this before and it worked fine. I tried everything I knew. I even switched my MERGE node mode to MUTUAL and it's still happening.
It would be amazing if some of you experienced troubleshooters can take a look at this file and see if you can help me out.
Thank you very much.
Edited by Nikodim Fomich - 2021年7月2日 17:25:31

Attachments:
2021-07-02 14_23_55-Movies & TV.png (108.4 KB)
GROUND SHATER2.hiplc (1.3 MB)

86 posts
Just checked your scene. I saw that the staticobject1 is empty inside, so particles do not know with what to collide. I turned your ground burst sim into a VDB then put it inside the staticobject1.

See the attached file. I colored the nodes (actually only one node and a null) I added as red to see it easier.

You can also write the VDB version of your sim to a filecache for faster previews.

Attachments:
GROUND SHATER2_CollisionFix.hiplc (1.3 MB)

67 posts
BerkErdag
Just checked your scene. I saw that the staticobject1 is empty inside, so particles do not know with what to collide. I turned your ground burst sim into a VDB then put it inside the staticobject1.

See the attached file. I colored the nodes (actually only one node and a null) I added as red to see it easier.

You can also write the VDB version of your sim to a filecache for faster previews.

Oooohhh wow thank you for solving that. I did this before and I guess I totally forgot that VDB's are what I used. For some reason I thought just a simple GEO like a BOX would be enough for collision. Yeah VDB is the way to go, thank you so much for reminding me of this.
86 posts
I am sure there is a way to collide them without using VDBs but still VDB works great.

Glad I could help.
555 posts
so wouldn't it be populating the SOP path with /obj/box1/box1

then set collision Detection to Use Surface Collisions work ? (solver default works too i think)

(for the hell of it I put it to volume...works too...bugger me!!)
86 posts
I see what you mean vusta. I used to make the collisions like that but it still sometimes do not work that way, don't know why it doesn't. I also think VDBs are much more efficient so I go with it.

Also in Nikodim Fomich's case since he had a deforming and animated colliders, VDB worked great.
  • Quick Links