Houdini Indie 20, cant seem to render out AOVs ?

1015   6   1
4 posts
Hi good people, so I have Houdini Indie latest build, rendering EXRs (well a single frame) from Karma, I definitely have AOVs there there in the viewer, but I only am getting the Beauty no matter what I seem to do........I am sure I am doing something wrong, but cant see what.......its very frustrating........any one got any ideas, thanks Robin
4 posts
no one ?
710 posts
When you say you're only getting Beauty, do you mean only one file? If so, that is the standard behavior. Karma will output multi-channel exrs that contain all your AOVs. If you load up your exr in mplay you should be able to see all your AOVs in the dropdown menu.

If you want a separate exr for each AOV there is a little bit of extra setup involved. One of the devs posted an example file in this thread: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/88804/#post-383694 [www.sidefx.com]
スタッフ
451 posts
If you can attach a hip file that would also be helpful
7771 posts
robp_sidefx
If you can attach a hip file that would also be helpful

or an exr file
9 posts
Have you tried to enable legacy mode(multi layer) of exr? I have to check this option in most case to see those aovs in nuke.
4 posts
Thanks Chaps,I will try Legacy mode, it seems counterintuitive that in M PLAY you can choose an AOV and then supposedly save a frame, it just comes out black.....I will try Legacy mode, I am opening in Photoshop not Nuke by the way,
  • Quick Links