Hi Labs,
I've been seeing in the news that Meta has moved 12m+ Oculus Quest2's into the market (I myself got one) and was wondering if there was any chatter or demand around providing OpenXR support for Houdini? It may lend itself to workflows that might be useful in non-VR mode too, for example using an overlaid neteditor in the style of Supercharged Houdini [animatrixx.gumroad.com].
Some of the art apps (ShapesXR, TiltBrush, Gravity) see to have interesting, immersive two-handed modeling capabilities.
Cheers,
Jason
VR / OpenXR
6073 4 3-
- jason_iversen
- Member
- 13292 posts
- Joined: 7月 2005
- オフライン
-
- Magnus_Mller
- Member
- 372 posts
- Joined: 9月 2019
- オンライン
-
- olivetty
- Member
- 23 posts
- Joined: 2月 2016
- オフライン
Yes, this would be amazing! I know this thread is old but Q3 is selling like hot cakes and I'd love to use it with Houdini for sculpt/modelling or just walking around the viewport placing stuff in Stage!
Mage level 2
www.headofoliver.com
www.headofoliver.com
-
- RamaKrishna
- Member
- 41 posts
- Joined: 10月 2008
- オフライン
-
- jason_iversen
- Member
- 13292 posts
- Joined: 7月 2005
- オフライン
Hi again,
Well, I never had the time to do this myself. But with the rise of Claude, this become quite possible to experiment with, so I took a couple of days to push around a basic tool
Intercepting Houdini proper seemed very hard to do, so I thought perhaps there could be a LOPs-only approach that might have a more constrained set of use cases maybe? So going off this idea, here is a (toy) node that opens fires up render delegates and pushes the images to the headset.
There is the source code for it: https://github.com/jason-iversen/houdini-xr [github.com]
I recommend reading the README for more info on what it can do, and some technical details. Please feel free to (get Claude to) fork it and do whatever you like with it.
I'm open to suggestions or feedback, happy to experiment further.
Well, I never had the time to do this myself. But with the rise of Claude, this become quite possible to experiment with, so I took a couple of days to push around a basic tool

Intercepting Houdini proper seemed very hard to do, so I thought perhaps there could be a LOPs-only approach that might have a more constrained set of use cases maybe? So going off this idea, here is a (toy) node that opens fires up render delegates and pushes the images to the headset.
There is the source code for it: https://github.com/jason-iversen/houdini-xr [github.com]
I recommend reading the README for more info on what it can do, and some technical details. Please feel free to (get Claude to) fork it and do whatever you like with it.
I'm open to suggestions or feedback, happy to experiment further.
Edited by jason_iversen - 2026年9月27日 02:18:58
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & R&D Lead @ WetaFX
-
- Quick Links



