Houdini RBD Soil/Ground explosion WIP

   261   0   0
User Avatar
Member
28 posts
Joined: 8月 2021
オンライン
Hey!

Working on this RBD ground explosion and having some issues:

1. How can I prevent the pieces from going throw the bottom when the initial explosion starts?

2 .I am using soft constraints here and I would like to randomly break some constraints when the pieces hit the ground. My attempt was copying over the impulse attrib from the impacts input in a SOP solver, promoting it to prims and deleting the constraints with a certain value in a primwrangle.

Didnt work as expected so any ideas are very much appreciated here!

3 .I am also sourcing the impact points because I want to use them to emit some particles when the pieces hit the floor. The smaller pieces work as expected and only emit when hitting the floor. The constraint pieces emit all the time because of the constraints/collisions(?). Is there a way to fix it so they only emit on impact.

Thanks in advance and feedback towards the sim is also appreciated!

Attachments:
RBD_WIP.gif (2.1 MB)
Screenshot (266).png (406.9 KB)

  • Quick Links