Triseum located in Bryan, Tx
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org ATTN: TA or visit www.triseum.com
Triseum started humbly in 2014 as the first spin off from Texas A&M Visualization department's LIVE lab. The quality of Triseum's products and processes is a reflection of the diversity and excellence of our employees.
Triseum aims to create educational video games with the graphic and experiential caliber of today's most successful game franchises. Our games are meticulously crafted, fully tested and evaluated to provide the ultimate fun, engaging educational experience. Dedicated to creating products that disrupt the traditional learning experience, Triseum develops video games with the understanding that all games teach. As subject matter experts, educational technologists and top game developers, we are exploiting the power of this medium to create unmatched learning opportunities.
We engage and teach through games, not with games, supporting bold curiosity and lifelong learning.
Triseum is looking for a Technical Artist to join our game production team. As a member of our Variant game team, they will develop assets and tools based on the vision of the Studio Art Director and requirements established by the Director of Technology. Triseum is looking for technical artists with the ability to bridge the divide between artists and engineers, troubleshoot and provide effective solutions.
• Develop or implement tools, scripts, and workflows to author, implement, and iterate on design and gameplay.
• Support the artists and engineers by providing solutions to a wide variety of challenges.
• Collaborate with multiple disciplines to prototype and implement new features and game mechanics.
• Investigate and provide solutions for in-game performance deficits.
• Report to Studio Art Director and Director of Technology on overall progress and status regularly.
• Follow predefined structure to organize and catalog digital assets.
• Maintain all history of revisions through proper use of version control
• Write/maintain process documentation aligned with document templates, as necessary
• Attend daily stand-ups, sprint planning and reviews, and art or engineering meetings (when needed).
• Strong artistic instinct with a passion for procedural processes and automation.
• Basic knowledge of graphics-related programming including shaders and textures
• Ability to troubleshoot and fix complex workflow issues in artist software and game engines.
• Familiarity with environment art creation or animation and workflow, especially with an eye towards performance and memory management
• Knowledge of one or more 3D packages and/or game engines; Houdini, Substance and Unity a plus.
• Understanding of 3D production techniques and game production pipeline.
• Willingness to learn new tools and techniques.
• Computer Science, Art or related degree, or equivalent work experience
Exceptional Candidates will have
• Experience writing shaders (HLSL, or GLSL)
• Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. python, perl, lua)
• Strong knowledge of Linear Algebra