Hi Everybody,
Having a problem.
How can i limit a parameter into perticular range. Suppose I have a box, and i want to limit the Y pos in the range -10 to 10. I am not doing any procedral animation. I want to manually move the box up and down, but it should remain in the range. Basically what I want is simillar to Maya Limits.
Is there a GUI for this, or have to use clamp function or clamp CHOP.
And keep in mind, I WANT TO MOVE THE BOX IN VIEWPORT MANUALLY AND KEEP IT INSIDE THE RANGE AT THE SAME TIME.
Thanking in advance.
——-iamjaideep80
Limit Parameters
6026 5 2-
- iamjaideep80
- Member
- 82 posts
- Joined: 4月 2019
- オフライン
-
- wolfwood
- Member
- 4393 posts
- Joined: 7月 2005
- オフライン
-
- Simon
- Member
- 2199 posts
- Joined: 7月 2005
- オンライン
-
- wolfwood
- Member
- 4393 posts
- Joined: 7月 2005
- オフライン
Simon
It sounds like a good RFE though that hadles respect limits. no?
Aye. Personally I would love to see handles get a nice little over-haul. Being able to bind expressions to handles would be nice. (That way you could clamp it, etc.)
Pie in the sky would be some tools that would let the users build their own handles, which would be really handy for digital assets.
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
-
- Simon
- Member
- 2199 posts
- Joined: 7月 2005
- オンライン
Pie in the sky would be some tools that would let the users build their own handles, which would be really handy for digital assets.
Defo, blue sky sure, but the first thing I thought off when Houdini first got handles. HOPs
hmmmmm beer, friday….. pub….. bye!
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
-
- iamjaideep80
- Member
- 82 posts
- Joined: 4月 2019
- オフライン
Hi Everybody……..
Thanks for your Reply..
I found something. I don't know , if you knew this before.
For limitting parameters, on an OTL, you can give Lower and Upper Range in parameter properties window of OTL.
This is used for limitting sliders in OTL. But this is just for reference. This is not true rescricting. But there are two LOCKS near the range boxes.
I don't know why, but I hadn't locked them. By Locking them, you can rescrict them to a range, even in the view port. This is new to me.
But still, complete problem is not solved. You can do this with OTL, but not with normal object.
If u know, tell me.
Thanking in advance.
——iamjaideep80
Thanks for your Reply..
I found something. I don't know , if you knew this before.
For limitting parameters, on an OTL, you can give Lower and Upper Range in parameter properties window of OTL.
This is used for limitting sliders in OTL. But this is just for reference. This is not true rescricting. But there are two LOCKS near the range boxes.
I don't know why, but I hadn't locked them. By Locking them, you can rescrict them to a range, even in the view port. This is new to me.
But still, complete problem is not solved. You can do this with OTL, but not with normal object.
If u know, tell me.
Thanking in advance.
——iamjaideep80
iamjaideep80 (Jaideep Khadilkar)
-
- Quick Links

