multiple uv sets from maya to houdini

1783   4   1
3 posts
hello all , i have a model with 2 uv sets , one for fur and other for texture , when i export to Houdini , it only read the texture uv m how can i make it jump between the 2 uv sets ? is there a attribute wrangler , when i export from maya i tick on the write uv wets and write uv , am i missing something in exporting from maya ?
thanks all
118 posts
When you view the UVs, does it show multiple uv channels? Similar to the image? This should give the names of the uv sets.
Edited by GlenD - 2023年3月29日 03:10:23

Attachments:
Multiple_UV_Channels_01.png (579.6 KB)

3 posts
helloo GlenD ,
no it dosent show that at all
8539 posts
that menu shows only 2 types of attributes
- attributes named uv, uv1, uv2, ...
- attributes with arbitrary name marked as "Texture Coordinate"

so first thing to do is to have a look what attributes your geo has (MMB on the node)
you may see something like this

if you see your custom uv attribute, in this example it's a vertex attribute myCustomUV then all you need to do is make sure it's marked as "Texture Coord" which will appear as (Tex) next to the name like uv attrib has in screenshot

to do that you can either do Attrib Create SOP (match the name, type, size, set to Texture Coordinate) and uncheck Write Values
(in case your attribute is point attribute instead of vertex, or if the size is float 2 instead 3, then adjust accordingly):

or alternatively you can do Attrib Wrangle in Detail mode:
setattribtypeinfo(0, "vertex", "myCustomUV", "texturecoord");

and then you should see (Tex) next to your attribute and also it should appear in the UV view:

Edited by tamte - 2023年7月31日 05:38:14

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-07-31 052521.png (5.7 KB)
Screenshot 2023-07-31 052629.png (21.7 KB)
Screenshot 2023-07-31 052738.png (6.9 KB)
Screenshot 2023-07-31 052904.png (6.8 KB)

Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
3 posts
helloo tamte
thanks for the replay , the issue is that i cannot find from my imported file the secound uv set on my geo , so i guess something missing while i export my maya file , i dont know what is the step , it always read my first uv set not the secound one , and i am sure i checked the uvset option in the maya export for the usd file
  • Quick Links