skeleton node missing option?

747   3   1
177 posts
To make the guide skeleton functional, it's necessary [www.sidefx.com] to have both the guide skeleton and the original incoming skeleton. However, there's a challenge with the "skeleton" node. Despite its advantages, its current state of being stashed means it's difficult to update when there are changes to the incoming skeleton. While there are alternative methods to incorporate the guide skeleton into the rig, the "skeleton" node appears to be the most efficient.

Therefore, it would be beneficial to have a feature that allows for the updating of the stashed skeleton based on the incoming skeleton, while preserving the modifications made to the guide skeleton. Thoughts?
I contribute to the beauty of this world
スタッフ
64 posts
That is a very good point and we have that on our radar. Its a bit of a bigger endeavor though.
177 posts
esttri
That is a very good point and we have that on our radar. Its a bit of a bigger endeavor though.

Thank you for looking into that and other things, really appreciate it 🙏
I contribute to the beauty of this world
213 posts
In most cases, I'll argue control bones (guide skeleton) should be procedurally generated from the deform bones (Base.skel). Only a few bones that you can't meaningfully procedurally generate should be done in a separate Skeleton SOP and merged back later.
  • Quick Links