How to manage viewport display options?

566   4   1
213 posts

The "Save as Default" button in Display Option window seems to save settings as global default. How could I, for example, save display options per desktop, so when I load a desktop the corresponding viewport display options are loaded too?
Edited by kodra - 2024年2月1日 12:30:45

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-02-02 012829.png (88.9 KB)

7836 posts
kodra
The "Save as Default" button in Display Option window seems to save settings as global default. How could I, for example, save display options per desktop, so when I load a desktop the corresponding viewport display options are loaded too?

I think some settings already are saved to the desktop
213 posts
But not all, which is the problem.

What I'm trying to do is to quickly switch between two or three sets of display options, just like if one has two sets of commonly used window layouts, they can quickly switch between them with desktops. Is it possible?
Edited by kodra - 2024年2月1日 19:24:11
7836 posts
kodra
But not all, which is the problem.

What I'm trying to do is to quickly switch between two or three sets of display options, just like if one has two sets of commonly used window layouts, they can quickly switch between them with desktops. Is it possible?

hmm, not that I know of, but it could probably be accomplished with a script.
256 posts
https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/hom/hou/GeometryViewportSettings.html [www.sidefx.com]

Looks easy to script, almost all of those values can simply be put in a json file for saving and loading.

I ran into this as well a few times but more on a per project base. Different project using different viewports, I might make something for this if I find the time.
More code, less clicks.
  • Quick Links