What is sesinetd?
The Houdini license server.
- sesinetd is the license server daemon (program). It serves Houdini licenses to local or remote client machines.
- Must be in the running state for any Houdini products to open, including Apprentice.
- By default listens on TCP port 1715. This may be changed.
- The client License Administrator (hkey) or non-graphical sesictrl will connect to sesinetd for license information or administration.
- Please refer to this page for the location of sesinetd.
To control the behaviour of the license server daemon (sesinetd), there is a control file called sesinetd.options that may be configured.
For more information, refer to the sesinetd documentation.