Problem with VEX variables and render

3432   6   0
8 posts
Hello everyone !

I'm having some troubles trying to get some informations to put in my shaders.
Let me get this clear :
-I have a VOPSOP in which I'm getting informations from a paint SOP
-I'm using the VOPSOP to spread the painting on the mesh ( a head ) and deform it a bit
-Then I'm having a second VOPSOP in which I generate an Alpha, based on the point attribute.
-I'm exporting a parameter that is supposed to contain the color information I called DestrMatte that is supposed to be my alpha with color.

However when i'm rendering with mantra i add an Extra Image Plane based on the variable DestrMatte, but i can't see anything.
Where is my mistake ? I can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help !

Ps: i attached the file and an Obj which is the head
PPs: I'm not sure if i'm posting in the right place, if not can moderators put it where it belongs? Thanks

Attachments:
Head_Creepv3_1.hip (1.4 MB)
headv2.rar (179.9 KB)

183 posts
Hi. You can't see you image plane, just by exporting you variable in SOPs, you need to do it shader. Import you attribute in shader, and then export him right away. Good Luck 8)
Aleksei Rusev
Sr. Graphics Tools Engineer @ Nvidia
8 posts
Thanks for your reply.
But since I already put my Alpha variable in the Opacity and in the alpha of my shader, can you tell me in which connection can I plug my DestrMatte variable ?

Thanks
183 posts
titor
Thanks for your reply.
But since I already put my Alpha variable in the Opacity and in the alpha of my shader, can you tell me in which connection can I plug my DestrMatte variable ?

Thanks

Here is example

Attachments:
exportVar.hipnc (132.1 KB)

Aleksei Rusev
8 posts
Thanks for your example.
But I still got a question

I'd like to do everything in one shader.
I used a Mantra Surface in my example and I plugged my Alpha parameter in the Surface Opacity and in the Surface Alpha.
Is there a way to create a new output ? As if I wanted to call it Matte and plug into it my VOPSOP variable DestrMatte ?

Thanks
183 posts
titor
Thanks for your example.
But I still got a question
I'd like to do everything in one shader.
I used a Mantra Surface in my example and I plugged my Alpha parameter in the Surface Opacity and in the Surface Alpha.
Is there a way to create a new output ? As if I wanted to call it Matte and plug into it my VOPSOP variable DestrMatte ?
Thanks
No, there is no way to add your custom outputs, but there is no need to do it. You have color, opacity,alpha,normals and BSDF outputs.Those standard outputs goes to main RGBA image plane. Any additional information goes to extra image planes.Your can use any of your custom attributes from SOPs in your shader, but you should explicitly export them through Parameter VOP, like in my example, to get them in extra image plane. :wink:
Aleksei Rusev
8 posts
Oh ok so that was the use of that purple parameter then
I was wondering what was its use.

Thanks for your help I did what I wanted to. :wink:
  • Quick Links