Displacement and Env.light

1566   0   1
71 posts
Hello,
I have faced with a strange problem when I use micropoly engine with a env. light (direct lighting mode) and displacement. A noise of env light is quite static and constant, but I have a few areas with a strange behavior. They have fast flicker. I have done a few experiments with tuning samples for env.light, dicing for obj, triangulate prims, subdiv. prims, on-off sample lock and tunning jitter for ROP and I have understood, that I can solve that problem if I use a “uniform” dicing for my object.

Of course, I can use a lot of samples for env.light, but it is not solution, because the high level of noise (but consistent and flicker-free) is appropriate for me and a render time of frame is very important. I guess that the “uniform” dicing is half solution, because a camera can move toward objects and using the “uniform” dicing will be useless.

Is there any way to solve that problem? And so, I would like to get a sequence of images with constant noise (flicker-free) by using a low level sampling for env. light (direct lighting mode!) between 0.25 and 1; the micropoly engine for rendering, shading quality 1 or 2 and the displacement shader for objects. Would be great, if the objects will not use manta subdiv.
Also, I have created an example for test and I have done a movie file for illustrate my problem.

Attachments:
problem_demo.mov (4.9 MB)
example.hipnc (353.2 KB)

Alexey Mazurenko
  • Quick Links