Tutorials for Driving Particles???

2848   1   1
51 posts
I am looking for a good set of examples or tutorials on how to drive particles. Anyone know of any? I am trying to get a basic understanding so I can work on developing my next tool, and as I get into it, I realize that I'm not quite there as nothing I am doing is working.

I am currently trying to get the particles to revolve around a common point or axis right now, and that sounds like an orbit node from what I read in the help files. Unfortunately there is no example file for the orbit node, so I cannot figure out how to make it work. I put in a velocity and try to define my Y-axis for the revolution of them, but the particles are not getting any velocity added to them. I even tried some really high velocity numbers thinking that it might just be a small movement, but no change.

I am going to need much more than this, so I would rather be pointed in the direction of some free resources, as I would really prefer not becoming a pest on here and money is a bit tight to be able to pay for any of the amazing resources I have been finding. I think I have a pretty good idea how to most of what I'm trying for, but driving the motions is a huge piece, and I don't seem to be able to do that.
135 posts
hey Adam
there are a few that are out there are from CMI VFX. They have one on particles video and how to create them from different sources how to drive them and render them.. There also Digital Tutors has someDVD's on particles and some through Peter's vimeo videos he has good tutorial videos … then there is Odforce there is the Mecca of Houdini everything from the best in the industry… Also there some examples in community section of the sesi website… Old school's blog is a great resource as welll…. so hopefully this is helpful on your journey to particle mastery….

George
3D Mind body and Soul Great illusions are done by great artists…
  • Quick Links