Using CHOP to filter geometry.

3438   4   0
3 posts
I've created a simulation in maya, but need to do some time based filtering of the geometry data.

Loaded geo sequence, passed to geometry CHOP, then a filter.
Hit export flag.

Built a channel SOP, but it returns:

“No Geometry Available”
“Error: Not enough sources specified”

This seems like a simple hookup, and it's discussed in the geometry CHOP doc. “This CHOP reads point positions and point attributes from a SOP. Point information can be modified by CHOPs, and then stuffed back into geometry using the Channel SOP.”

I'm sure i'm missing something very simple.
Thanks in advance.
74 posts
have you connected the ChannelSOP to the FileSOP from which you loaded the geometry?
hi hi !
3 posts
No, but I want to reconstruct the geometry data from what i've filtered in CHOPs. I've been able to display the geo, and graph it in CHOPS, and see the results of the filtering on the 2D graph, but in need to get it back to geometry.

Are you suggesting that the channelSOP requires the original unmodified geo?
74 posts
it depends on if the CHOP creates or just modify data.
The channelSOP reauires the unmodified geo to know how the CHOP data is interpreted ( CHOP doesn't give you information about the topology)
3 posts
Thanks for the assist. You were right. I assumed since the Channel SOP was a source, it didn't need the info – but if you think about it, the vert-face connections are absolutely necessary.

In the Geometry CHOP, i'm using the animated method, and to avoid loading the entire geometry sequence, only using $T-.1, $T+.1 in the range.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Quick Links