Houdini Delay when modeling or preforming other operations

1467   0   0
1 posts
I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with this. Whn i start to do basic polygonal modeling with Houdini, i expirence a lag. Its like if i have a cube and i want to select one of the faces, when i select the face, it takes about a second for it to actually select the face. There is a lag from the time i select, to the time the selection highlights.

Another example:
I was doing a dynamics simulation tutorial. You know the one with the colums in the 3d world magazine a few months ago. Anyways, after i had mirrored a piece of geometry, the whole program ran extra slow, and it wasnt even very heavy geometry! In the network view, when trying to go back up to object level or to dive into a node, there was lag for about a minute in some cases, or more. And when i tried to translate geometry it ran really slow when trying to move with the handles. It seemed to work better if i used the numbers ladder in the parameters pane instead. It really sucks because i finally have the confidence to expirement with dynamics, and i cant even keep up with the tutorial because of all the lag!

I have a Asus GH73 JH laptop i7 12gb ram and ATI Radeon 5870 graphics card. This is driving me insane!
my number 1 goal in life, is to master Houdini!
  • Quick Links