no license for Mantra

11007   7   5
38 posts
Hi!

I've been working on the stickies tutorial with Houdini Apprentice 11.0.775. However when I right click the reel icon and select ‘View:Mantra’, I get the following error message:

No licenses could be found to run this application.
Please check for a valid license server host

Should Houdini Apprentice come with Mantra license? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
330 posts
Hi, check the Render Scheduler tab and kill any active renders (the culprit might be an unfinished render view for example).

Something changed recently to cause this; I used to be able to have multiple, simultaneous renders running off one (HD) license. I guess that got tightened up.
1799 posts
Uhmm… this seems to be happening to me if I setup a ROP network with several mantra nodes. If I render them as single nodes, everything is fine, but if I render them in a ROP network sequence I get the same error.

Does anyone know of a solution for this? I was hoping I could setup Mantra ROP networks in my apprentice HD license…
-G
1799 posts
nevermind… after restarting, everything was fine.. I am actually suspicious of the render COP node. It appears that if I cancel a render from those nodes, it does not register properly that the license is not in use anymore
-G
1799 posts
agh looks like I posted too soon… this is actually happening on Mantra ROP networks… need to email support about this one
-G
319 posts
Was there ever a way around this?

I'm writing my own wedge rop using apprentice with no access to multiple licenses so it makes testing difficult! I can spit out the value of the wedged parm and see things are working that way but it'd be nice to be able to actually have some wedged ip renders! Is there any sort of render command to tell mantra to wait until no renders are running/no licenses are being used before attempting to run another one?
330 posts
Yeah I have no problem having only 1 instance running at a time, but in the past you could fire off 3 renders and not attend to the machine again until they're all done (because multiple requests rendered in parallel). That functionality has been lost - now you have to manually render each pass sequentially. It would be a huge improvement, back to previous efficiency, if multiple render requests could organize themselves to render sequentially so that I could leave the PC and have lunch for example, and not hang around checking every few minutes and firing off the next render.
390 posts
i haven't tried this, but couldn't you simply add a post render script to kill any running instances of mantra? if you're in linux, os.kill should work, right?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2940858/kill-process-by-name-in-python [stackoverflow.com]
  • Quick Links