Rendering bounding lines with different width and intensity

3163   5   3
10 posts
Hello everyone , i was thinking of a way to render bounding lines ( like vector renderer wren or viewport hidden line render or everything else ) , but with a special effect . lines with different width and different intensity . like drawing a line with ink and a round brush . anyone has an idea for this ? is it possible ?
i add an image drawn by pencil to express what i mean …
thanks you

Attachments:
Scanned Document.jpg (5.2 KB)

55 posts
Well the easiest solution would be put whatever you want into the input of a box. This will resize the box to fit the bounds of your object. Next you can use either a poly wire to get real thick wires or an ends to destroy all the polygons and keep edges(which you can render).
130 posts
Hi,

AFAIK, it is fully doable, but requires some vex/vop work in shaders.

I can't point you to any specific piece of documentation for mantra, but I recall that in one of the basic Renderman/RSL books there was a recipe for similar effect. It is called overpainting, and, in brief, it is achieved by sampling the render color (e.g. as output by wren) and then replacing it with a piece of a brush-like bitmap texture.

Cheers,
Greg
10 posts
aiworks
Hi,

AFAIK, it is fully doable, but requires some vex/vop work in shaders.

I can't point you to any specific piece of documentation for mantra, but I recall that in one of the basic Renderman/RSL books there was a recipe for similar effect. It is called overpainting, and, in brief, it is achieved by sampling the render color (e.g. as output by wren) and then replacing it with a piece of a brush-like bitmap texture.

Cheers,
Greg
thank you ,very useful guide i will search for it.
10 posts
Klockworks
Well the easiest solution would be put whatever you want into the input of a box. This will resize the box to fit the bounds of your object. Next you can use either a poly wire to get real thick wires or an ends to destroy all the polygons and keep edges(which you can render).
thank you ,its a good idea … but i think working with shaders is closer to my needs.

Attachments:
untitled.jpeg (7.9 KB)

53 posts
Talebinezhad
Klockworks
thank you ,its a good idea … but i think working with shaders is closer to my needs.

i think you can use instance or delayed-load procedural shader.
  • Quick Links