About particle's instance fall down

2122   1   0
12 posts
Hi everyone~
I have a question of simulation leaves's fall. I uese the particle to copy leaves , but the animation down on floor is bad…not natural,as the file shows.Because I use the “Stop on Collision”,and the particle falls on floor suddenly and not aclinic.

I thought two ways trying to finish this question:

1.Keep the animation before collision by pop , use dop to solver the down animation , I want to send the particle's information(position and velocity) to dop just when they have collided every frame. I used a group named “down” to send them to dop.

But a problem comes , the RBDPointObject node shows me the “Creation Frame”'s explaination : The object is created only when the current frame number is equal to this parameter value. So , in this meaning ,the down group just solvers some particles that survive at the “Creation Frame” ,and no more particles could be send to dop even they are added in down group after “Creation Frame”.
Maybe it can be done with copy object and other node ,but I'm not strong in vex..

2.Keep the animation before collision by pop ,just use vop to make the particles aclinic before down on the floor.This process effects between a appointed height value(e.g. 0.5) and 0 of floor's height.
But I use the torque to animation rotation of the leaves ,it changes the angular velocity of the particles ,the angular velocity changes the w attribute of the particles , in vop that's a float value..I can't understand it.So,this way is in trouble for me…The details is in the file.

Maybe the second way is easier ,but I have some questions to finish it.

And I need some other advance to add the details to make the simulation naturally

I need help ,thank you

Attachments:
all.rar (35.4 KB)
Q.hip (286.0 KB)

168 posts
I haven't checked your file but I would suggest using wires for this kind of animation

in pops.. first that pops in my mind is that you could check distance to ground and using vops change animation/position if leaf is closer.
Albert
  • Quick Links