Versioning problems

1381   0   1
98 posts
Dear all,

I've stumbled with a VERY weird HDA versioning problem. Basically, I created a (quite complex) scene with an HDA, and I saved the HDA in its respective OTL. This HDA had regular nodes, some of which had Python code embedded for their parms. After that, for other projects, I re-used, extended and updated the HDA. When I returned to load the original scene, I've found that the python code that was inside some node parameters in the HDA did not update with the HDA itself. However, the weird part is that the parameters of the HDA interface DID update, but the internal python code didn't… So, I now get errors in the Python execution in the parameters because the hou.pwd().parm('xxxx') pices of code are not working any more, as parm xxxx does not exist any more…
It looks like, somehow, the old code remains at the .hip file, but Houdini is taking the other elements, like the parameter interface, from the OTL file. I find this mixture quite disturbing…
Any ideas? Have you experienced something similar? Any way to avoid this situation?

Thanks in advance!

yours

dagush.-
————————-
* skylineEngine project coordinator
* buildingEngine module developer
http//ggg.udg.edu/skylineEngine
  • Quick Links