rest position OP problems

2765   0   0
1 posts
Good day people,

I was just wondering if ANYONE knows how to get the rest position op working!!

i'm using houdini 6.1.208 and in the pdf help file for “geometry” ( number 4 in the help menu list ) theres an example of how to use it in the rest position section… and it says

“1. Create a Grid OP, feed it into a Twist OP and animate the twist.
2. Apply a material with an orthographic projection to the grid.
3. When the grid is being shaded, the orthographic projection in the material is being done on the translated geometry, so you will see that the object ”swims“ through the texture. In most cases, this is not desirable.

If you take the output of the twist and feed it into a Rest position OP, then take the original (non-deforming) grid and feed it into the second input of the Rest position OP, a rest position attribute will be created. Now, the texture should seem to stick to the object. In fact, the material is now using the position of points on the original grid when calculating the texture coordinates. It’s as if the original grid was being
shaded, then, the deformation occurs.”

So anyways…. ive done exactly that…. i first have the grid and its wired into the twist and also the second input of the rest op. the twist is wired into the first input of the rest op. then… i have the output of the rest op going into my shader and from the shader to the uvproject op ( using orthographic projection ).

thanks in advance
  • Quick Links