Copy SOP

3409   3   0
3 posts
Hi
I'm making a model of a tiled roof that needs to look random, I have 6 different tile models and want to place them onto a grid at random points. I can get one model on there which is simple but I don't know how to randomize the process.
I've looked at the stamp pdf but thats aimed at ramdomly changing a simple model (a star) and placing it on a sphere.

Thanks in advance for any help
121 posts
you could wire all your tile models into a switch sop, and drive the switch parameter via copy/stamping

Have a look here

http://www.sidefx.com/community/interact/mailarchive/index.php?view=WEB&msgid=3CF5584A.28B9E69D@fa.disney.com&perpage=20&revdate=off [sidefx.com]

Cheers
Achim
3 posts
Used your suggestion with a $PT expression. Worked a treat .

Cheers.
112 posts
Interestingly, few weeks ago I created a simple network that uses copy stamping to randomly copy varied objects onto a template.

I fed a bunch of geometry into a switch sop. Then I created a parameter in the stamp tab of the copy sop called “switch” with expression: fit01(rand$PT) ,0,(opinputs(“../switch1”)))

Then for the Select Input of the switch sop enter: param(“switch”,0)

This way, I kept the whole network procedural so I can fit any number or type of inputs into switch sop knowing they will be randomly propagated onto any template's points.
www.tirgari.com
  • Quick Links