HDK removing duplicate points

7887   2   2
5 posts
Hello,

I'm have problem to delete some duplicate points. I have a set of points and some of them have the same coordinates.

For simplicity, let's say I have 6 points, #1 and #3 are at the same place and #0 and #5 also. Just to be clear :
[imageshack.us]

I create 2 closed GEO_PrimPoly, one with points #2, 5 and 4 and the second with 4, 3 and 2. From that point, the triangles are at their “right” place. But then, I delete points #0 and 1 (gdp->deletePoint(#ofPOintToRemove, 1)) and the 2 triangles are broken :
[imageshack.us]

It seems that houdini is modifying the point number in order to avoid discontinuity but without updating the poly's vertex numbers. Or I'm doing something wrong ?

I've tried to use fastConsolidatePoints(), but I find this call to be kind of slow and redondant because in my algorithm I'm already searching for duplicate points and I know the index of the points not being use in any polys.
16 posts
I know this is an old post, but I just ran into the same problem so I thought I'd share my answer: I also had some duplicate points with the same coordinates and fixed it using a fuse sop with “keep unused points” checked.

Hope that's helpful
40 posts
lol… this 6 year old post ended my 2 days of search hail the fuse sop!
  • Quick Links